Friday, February 21, 2014

9) The Project is Home

Tank modification done so back to work, Maybe?

The project made it home on February 12th. I took the bike to the fabricator on November 14th, so it has taken about 3 months for the modification. I did not want to rush the fabricator so I was very patient. You may have been wondering what was I doing during all that time. Being retired I took care of the cats, went to the beach, but mostly I finally got around to rebuilding my motorcycle trailer.



 I finished rebuilding the trailer just in time to pickup the project from the fabricators. The trailer looks pretty good don't you think? And it is good to have the bike home too!

 
As I was hoping the tank went from a 4 gallon capacity to a 4 3/4 gallon. Below are the before and after picture.  We were able to add a port for a level indicator which looks like it should work well. 

  I needed to clean and coat the inside of the tank, so I bought a kit from Kreem which includes a cleaner, etcher, and a coating. So I fill the tank to check the volume and start the cleaning when I noticed;

 So the tanks needs to go back to the fabricator for some touch ups. But I still have a lot of work to do on the bike.  I need to start final mounting of the air box, move the coils, modify the seat pan, hang the rear fender and mount the fairing. Well those and about 500 other things to figure out and stress on.

But I think it is going to come together with a little time and patients.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment